Re: How to add a menu item visible for ALL users?

After some more tries, I finally got it to work.
To a newcomer, the way KDE menus are stored in SuSE 9.0 seems a complete
mess. Menu item definitions are scattered in several places, and .desktop
don't have a coherent structure. I understand that things are evolving, and
there are a lot of legacy apps that put their menu items in old places.

Management of menus is a crucial feature for corporate desktop deployment.
Management of menus is very easy under Windows: a menu item can be either
in the user, the "All Users", and in the "Default User" start menu. Hope
KDE menu management reaches one day this level of simplicity.

Mark