Upcoming Educator Workshop from NASA-JPL 🌚🌞🌎

Register today to attend!

EDUCATION EVENT

Get your classroom ready for the April 8 total solar eclipse!

White glowing strands of light extend from around the black sphere of the Moon during a total solar eclipse

Educator Workshop (In Person) – Our Earth-Sun-Moon System

When: Saturday, March 2, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Where: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California

Target Audience: Educators for grades K-8

Overview: This in-person workshop at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, will explore our Earth-Sun-Moon system. In this session, for educators only, we will model solar and lunar eclipses using activities aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards, or NGSS, to get students engaged in the upcoming solar eclipse and share resources you can take back to the classroom. Participation is limited, so register today!

MORE UPCOMING EVENTS

Event: Celebrate Leap Day With NASA

Public Event

Thursday, Feb. 29

Celebrate Leap Day With NASA

Event: Celebrate Pi Day With NASA

Public Event

March 7-15

Celebrate Pi Day With NASA

FEATURED RESOURCES

Article

Teachable Moments: The Science of Solar Eclipses and How to Watch With NASA

Educator Guides

Lesson: Model a Solar Eclipse

Lesson | Grades 1-8

Model a Solar Eclipse

Math Problem: Eclipsing Enigma: A ‘Pi in the Sky’ Math Challenge
Collection: Moon Lessons for Educators

Student Activities

Student Project: Make a Pinhole Camera

Student Project | Grades K-12

Make a Pinhole Camera

Collection: Moon Activities for Students

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Article: Spend the School Year With NASA-JPL

Spend the School Year With NASA-JPL

Make educational connections to NASA and JPL happenings all year long with this calendar of upcoming events and links to educational resources.

FOLLOW JPL EDUCATION ON:

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube