Countdown to Pi Day With NASA 🥧

Prepare to liftoff to a stellar Pi Day 🚀

EDUCATION UPDATES | FEBRUARY 2024

The NASA Pi Day Challenge Arrives on March 7

Public Event: Celebrate Pi Day with NASA

Pi Day is just a month away, and we've got everything you need to get students engaged on March 14. On March 7, our 11th annual NASA Pi Day Challenge goes live with four new illustrated math problems featuring NASA missions and science. Until then, you can start your Pi Day planning with our evergreen resources designed to get learners of all ages excited about and engaged in the mathematical constant that helps NASA explore Earth and space every day. Explore the full collection of NASA Pi Day resources at the link below.

MORE UPCOMING EVENTS

Public Event: Perseverance Mars Rover Landiversary

Public Event

Saturday, Feb. 18

Perseverance Mars Rover 'Landiversary'

Event: Celebrate Leap Day With NASA

Public Event

Thursday, Feb. 29

Celebrate Leap Day With NASA

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Teachable Moments: The NASA Cat Video Explained

Teachable Moments

The NASA Cat Video Explained

Find out how the video beamed from space marked a milestone for space exploration, and find resources to engage students in related STEM learning.

NEW & NOTABLE ON JPL EDU

Explore these STEM resources to engage students in Valentines Day, Leap Day, and Pi Day with NASA.

Articles

Article: Doing the Math on Why We Have Leap Day
Article: 18 Ways NASA Uses Pi
Article: How Many Decimals of Pi Do We Really Need?

Educator Guides

Lesson: Planetary Poetry

Lesson | Grades 2-12

Planetary Poetry

Lesson: Leap Day Math

Lesson | Grades 5-8

Leap Day Math

Pi in the Sky Lessons

Lesson Collection

Pi Day Challenge Lessons

Mission to Mars Student Challenge

Collection | Grades K-12

Mission to Mars Student Challenge

Student Activities

Project: Write a Poem About Space
Slideshow: NASA Space Poetry

Slideshow

NASA Space Poetry

Slideshow: The Space We Love

Slideshow

The Space We Love

Slideshow: NASA Pi Day Challenge

Slideshow

NASA Pi Day Challenge

The 2024 challenge arrives on March 7!

ACROSS THE NASA-VERSE

Send a NASA Valentine
Article: What Is a Leap Year?
Video: NASA's Mars Helicopter Team Says Goodbye

FOLLOW JPL EDUCATION ON:

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube