The NASA Cat Video Explained 🐱💫

And what it means for the future of space exploration

EDUCATION UPDATES | JANUARY 2024

We've got answers to your students' biggest questions

Teachable Moment: The NASA Cat Video Explained

You may have seen in the news last month that NASA beamed a cat video from space. While the video went down in cat video history, the NASA technology used to transmit the first ultra-high-definition video from deep space also represented a historic advancement for space exploration.

Check out our latest Teachable Moment to learn how this new technology will revolutionize space communications and find resources to engage students in related STEM learning.

MORE UPCOMING EVENTS

Mission Event: Juno Io Flyby

Mission Event

Saturday, Feb. 3

Juno Flies Up Close to Jupiter's Moon Io

Public Event: Celebrate Leap Day With NASA

Public Event

Thursday, Feb. 29

Celebrate Leap Day With NASA

WATCH & LEARN

Expert Talk: Learning Space With NASA – Build Your Own Mars Helicopter

NEW & NOTABLE ON JPL EDU

Educator Guides

Collection: Mars Helicopter Lessons
Lesson: Leap Day Math

Problem Set | Grades 5-8

Leap Day Math

Collection: Exploring STEAM With Juno's Flyby of Io
Collection: Space Communications Lessons

Student Activities

Collection: Mars Helicopter Projects
Collection: Juno and Jupiter Projects for Students
Collection: Space Communications Activities for Students

ACROSS THE NASA-VERSE

Thanks Ingenuity Video
Leap Year Art Challenge

NASA Space Place