Re: [Announcement] io_uring Discord chat

On 5/17/24 4:24 PM, Mathieu Masson wrote:
> On 17 mai 13:09, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> On 5/17/24 12:51 PM, Gabriel Krisman Bertazi wrote:
>>> Following our LSFMM conversation, I've created a Discord chat for topics
>>> that could benefit from a more informal, live discussion space than the
>>> mailing list might offer.  The idea is to keep this new channel alive for a
>>> while and see if it does indeed benefit the broader io_uring audience.
>>>
>>> The following is an open invite link:
>>>
>>>  https://discord.gg/8EwbZ6gkfX
>>
>> Great initiative!
>>
>>> Which might be revoked in the future.  If it no longer works, drop me an
>>> email for a new one.
>>>
>>> Once we have some key people around, I intend to add an invite code to
>>> the liburing internal documentation.
>>
>> Is it public - and if not, can it be? Ideally I'd love to have something
>> that's just open public (and realtime) discussion, ideally searchable
>> from your favorite search engine. As the latter seems
>> difficult/impossible, we should at least have it be directly joinable
>> without an invite link. Or maybe this is not how discord works at all,
>> and you need the invite link? If so, as long as anyone can join, then
>> that's totally fine too I guess.
>>

> Not to start any form of chat platform war, but the rust-for-linux community has
> been using Zulip for a while now. At some point they made the full message
> history live accessible without an account :
>
> https://rust-for-linux.zulipchat.com/

Not a war at all, the only ones I could think of were discord and slack.
So really appreciate the input!

> It is even search-able apparently, which is quite appreciable as an
> outsider who just wants to follow a bit in a more informal way than
> the ML.

Yep, this is exactly why I brought that up both here and in person,
being searchable is really key imho. It allows people to find past
discussions by searching for similar keywords.

--
Jens Axboe