Re: [Announcement] io_uring Discord chat

On 17 mai 13:09, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 5/17/24 12:51 PM, Gabriel Krisman Bertazi wrote:
> > Following our LSFMM conversation, I've created a Discord chat for topics
> > that could benefit from a more informal, live discussion space than the
> > mailing list might offer.  The idea is to keep this new channel alive for a
> > while and see if it does indeed benefit the broader io_uring audience.
> >
> > The following is an open invite link:
> >
> >  https://discord.gg/8EwbZ6gkfX
>
> Great initiative!
>
> > Which might be revoked in the future.  If it no longer works, drop me an
> > email for a new one.
> >
> > Once we have some key people around, I intend to add an invite code to
> > the liburing internal documentation.
>
> Is it public - and if not, can it be? Ideally I'd love to have something
> that's just open public (and realtime) discussion, ideally searchable
> from your favorite search engine. As the latter seems
> difficult/impossible, we should at least have it be directly joinable
> without an invite link. Or maybe this is not how discord works at all,
> and you need the invite link? If so, as long as anyone can join, then
> that's totally fine too I guess.

Not to start any form of chat platform war, but the rust-for-linux community has
been using Zulip for a while now. At some point they made the full message
history live accessible without an account :

https://rust-for-linux.zulipchat.com/

It is even search-able apparently, which is quite appreciable as an outsider
who just wants to follow a bit in a more informal way than the ML.

Mathieu.