Re: io_uring process termination/killing is not working

> BTW, something I think you're aware of, but wanted to bring up
> explicitly - if IORING_FEAT_FAST_POLL is available in the ring features,
> then you generally don't want/need to link potentially blocking requests
> on pollable files with a poll in front. io_uring will do this
> internally, and save you an sqe and completion event for each of these
> types of requests.
>
> Your test case is a perfect example of that, neither the accept nor the
> socket read would need a poll linked in front of them, as they are both
> pollable file types and will not trigger use of an async thread to wait
> for the event. Instead an internal poll is armed which will trigger the
> issue of that request, when the socket is ready.

I agree as well I don't need a poll linked in font of read event, but
not for the non blocking accept event because of this fix in Linux
5.8:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v5.8&id=e697deed834de15d2322d0619d51893022c90ea2
I receive an immediate response to tell if there's ever any data
there, same behaviour like accept non blocking socket, that’s why I
use poll link to avoid that

--
Josef Grieb