Re: io_uring process termination/killing is not working

> > Hence it'd be helpful if you explain what your expectations are of
> > the program, and how that differs from how it behaves

yeah that's true, I'm sorry about that.

> > Are you sure your code is correct? I haven't looked too closely, but it
> > doesn't look very solid. There's no error checking, and you seem to be
> > setting up two rings (one overwriting the other). FWIW, I get the same
> > behavior on 5.7-stable and the above branch, except that the 5.7 hangs
> > on exit due to the other bug you found and that is fixed in the 5.9
> > branch.
> >

> Took a closer look, and made a few tweaks. Got rid of the extra links
> and the nop, and I added a poll+read resubmit when a read completes.
> Not sure how your program could work without that, if you expect it
> to continue to echo out what is written on the connection? Also killed
> that extra ring init.

sorry my bad.. I will ensure that the code is more self-explanatory
and better error checking next time. It was supposed to reproduce the
read event problem in C since I had the same issue in netty, basically
the idea was just to read the event once to keep it more simple

> After that, I made the following tweak to return short reads when
> the the file is non-blocking. Then it seems to work as expected
> for me

yeah I tested and it works in netty & my bad C example, thank you for
the super fast fix :)

--
Josef Grieb