Re: io_uring process termination/killing is not working

On 8/15/20 5:36 PM, Josef wrote:
>> Please try:
>>
>> https://git.kernel.dk/cgit/linux-block/commit/?h=io_uring-5.9&id=41d3344604e80db0e466f9deca5262b0914e4827
>>
>> There was a bug with the -EAGAIN doing repeated retries on sockets that
>> are marked non-blocking.
>>

> no it's not working, however I received the read event after
> the second request (instead of the third request before) via Telnet

Are you sure your code is correct? I haven't looked too closely, but it
doesn't look very solid. There's no error checking, and you seem to be
setting up two rings (one overwriting the other). FWIW, I get the same
behavior on 5.7-stable and the above branch, except that the 5.7 hangs
on exit due to the other bug you found and that is fixed in the 5.9
branch.

I'll take a closer look later or tomorrow, but just want to make sure
I'm not spending time debugging your program :)

Hence it'd be helpful if you explain what your expectations are of
the program, and how that differs from how it behaves.

--
Jens Axboe