Re: [RFC 2/7] drm/i915: Introduce runtime device info

On 12/11/2018 17:36, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 05:12:37PM +0000, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxx>

Idea of runtime device info is to contain all fields from the existing
device info which are modified at runtime.

Initially we move there fields which are never set from the static
tables ie.: num_rings, num_sprites, num_scalers,

If we accept that num_sprites[fused_off_pipe] can be non-zero
we could keep num_sprites and num_scalers in the static info.
I don't *think* we have any code that would rely on those being
zero.

Works for me, that is, I don't have a strong opinion on this one. If display folks agree on this direction you can either implement this ahead, or I can incorporate the move in this series.

Regards,

Tvrtko