Re: [PULL] gvt-next-fixes for 4.16

Zhenyu Wang <zhenyuw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 2018.02.06 11:45:04 -0800, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
>>
>> Hi Zhi,
>>
>> Daniel asked few weeks ago about the scripts that you run there,
>> but I didn't see any follow-up.
>>
>> I don't understand why yet, but apparently gvt pull request
>> is not going to patchwork so dim is not able to add the "Link:"
>> hence end up without mandatory patchwork links.
>>
>> Last round I by-pass dim and move forward even without the "Link:"
>> if the solution is easier I'd like to do the right thing this time.
>
> I think maybe previously Link tag was not mandatory? Or Daniel
> bypassed at that time too?

Hmm... That's strange.
I'm basing my comments on this reply from Daniel:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/intel-gfx/msg149862.html (4.15)

I don't believe Daniel or Jani ever bypassed the dim like I'm doing.
But also on 4.14 fixes I dind't have to bypass dim, so something is
strange but I don't fully understand because I lack on the previous
history here.

> To have patchwork set up for gvt would be
> good, as our QA's current infrastruture doesn't require that, so I
> didn't push the request for it. Who may we contact to setup for us
> now? Or open a fd.o bug?
>

>> Although I'm open to by-pass again,
>> I'd like to know if we are in sync to understand what is happening
>> again and get that fixed for next time
>>
>> Cc: Daniel in case he know a quick fix or can at least provide more
>>     info there on what could be failing.
>
> As we'd like to make those stable fixes in upstream soon, maybe better
> bypass for lacking Link tag at this time, we'll try to fix that from
> next pull. Sorry for any inconvenience.

No worries. Let's just try to understand and find the solution
for the next pull. For now I by pass and merged on dinf.
Now it is time to fix the drm-tip conflicts and wait for CI
to run. So, luckly, tomorrow morning I send out the pull request.

> thanks

thanks you!