Re: [RFC i-g-t 0/6] Drop tests for object creation from stolen

On 03/10/2017 10:30, Petri Latvala wrote:
On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 10:31:10AM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 04:00:12PM -0700, Daniele Ceraolo Spurio wrote:
The tests were merged before the feature, which never made it to the
driver; the last update I could find ([1]) is more than a year old.
The tests are using a wrong getparam number and planned extensions
to the gem_create and get_aperture ioctl structures that don't match
what's currently in i915. Due to this all stolen-related subtests are
skipping.
Given the fact that there has been no traction behind the feature for
a long time it doesn't look like we'll need those tests anytime soon
and thus it makes sense to remove them.

The patches didn't revert cleanly and also contained some improvements
that are worth keeping, so instead of a revert I've organized the removal
in a single patch per test file to drop only the unneeded code.

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/659/