Re: cyrus imapd ingestion of email

Hi,

Quoting fenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

I need to figure out how to get that mail into imapd. Is there a utility somewhere for this?

are you talking about delivering new mail or about migrating/importing mails from dovecot?

For delivering new mail LMTP is the way to go.

Importing old mail you can use the IMAP protocol to transfer the mails.
18 Years ago we migrated from UW IMAP to Cyrus 2.3.
At that time the imapcopy from UW IMAP was much faster than imapsync.

After a short search I found different tools
- imapsync https://imapsync.lamiral.info/
- imapcopy (python) https://github.com/layfellow/imapcopy
- imapcopy (UW IMAP) not sure if this still exists or can handle modern SSL/TLS encryption
- Any Mailclient that can configure two ore more IMAP Accounts

But I have not tested any of the tools in ages or at all, so test which is best for your setup/use case

Kind regards

   Michael Menge

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen