Re: Best practice to backup & restore cyrus imap data

First off, please stop deleting the email text you are replying to. It makes
following and properly responding to longer threads harder and will require
reading all the previous emails.

On Saturday, 13 April 2024 11:26:56 CEST denis via Info wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Moving a mailbox has nothing to do with regards resources or redundancy. It
> is about administration and logistics issues. Basically  when an employee
> permanently moves to another location his/her mailbox moves with him. Each
> site has its IT infrastructure include a dedicated cyrus-imap server.
>
> I didn't checked about murder or imapsync yet but is the the only proper way
> to move mailboxes between two independent cyrus-imap servers?

Murder is spreading the load over multiple systems, but those will need to be
hosted in the same location.

imapsync is a tool specifically designed to move/copy mailboxes between IMAP
servers. It's not specific to cyrus-imap, but is expected to work with other
IMAP servers as well.

--
Joost