Re: cyrus imapd 3.x - cannot physically delete messages from mailbox

Hi,

I finally discovered that the `expunge_mode` option has the option `semidelayed` and I have set that. After restarting cyrus-imapd and testing by (a) sending a message to myself, (b) deleting it from my INBOX, (c) calling EXPUNGE on my INBOX, and then `cyrus expire …` manually  but the problem remains: email messages are never removed from the filesystem. This is contra to the documentation for how expunging should work with `semidelayed` set.

Could someone at least reply to my requests for help? Cyrus has been working wonderfully for us for over 20 years on multiple servers and for multiple clients (including ourselves). But our inability to fix this problem nor receiving any help whatsoever is driving us to consider another option like Dovecot, which we really do not want to do.

I’m an experienced admin and started managing *nix’s back in 1987 with SCO Xenix 286. Thus I think it's fair to say that I really know what I’m doing here and I expect if someone will just provide me some minimum amount of help, I am confident I can get this issue resolved. But unfortunately everything I’ve tried and everything I’ve read (which is a lot) isn’t helping. I've been working on this on and off since at least September 2023.

Thank you kindly in advance for any and all assistance.

Thanks,
Doug