Re: cyrus imapd 3.x - cannot physically delete messages from mailbox

I am unfortunately still struggling with this issue.

I've tried setting both expunge_mode and delete_mode to both delayed and immediate, neither helps. Again, expunging is not working except for the Trash folder, yet I see no differences for the permission and settings for this folder compared to any other.

I am not seeing the `/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/delete` annotation anywhere, on any folder, so I'm wondering if perhaps this is why folders are not being deleted from the filesystem, except for the Trash folder (which also does not show this annotation).

I've tried setting this key-value pair, which apparently is inherited, on for example my top-level mailbox, to no avail. I keep getting permission denied errors (whether running cyradm as myself or user `cyrus`, whether using the `--private` flag or not). The following output exemplifies this (cyradm as user `cyrus`):

cyrus@s1:~$ cyradm localhost
Password:
localhost> info user.morse
{user.morse}:
  private:
    check: NIL
    checkperiod: NIL
    comment: NIL
    sort: NIL
    specialuse: NIL
    thread: NIL
    expire: NIL
    news2mail: NIL
    sieve: NIL
    squat: NIL
  shared:
    check: NIL
    checkperiod: NIL
    comment: NIL
    sort: NIL
    specialuse: NIL
    thread: NIL
    annotsize: 0
    duplicatedeliver: false
    expire: NIL
    lastpop: NIL
    lastupdate: 15-Nov-2023 12:03:09 -0600
    news2mail: NIL
    partition: default
    pop3newuidl: true
    pop3showafter: NIL
    sharedseen: false
    sieve: NIL
    size: 796492
    squat: NIL
    synccrcs: 0 0
    uniqueid: 54bcc55c4b667301
localhost> mboxconfig user.morse /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/delete 0
mboxconfig: Permission denied
localhost> mboxconfig --private user.morse /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/delete 0
mboxconfig: Permission denied
localhost> setmd user.morse /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/delete 0
setmetadata: entry must begin with /shared or /private
localhost> setmd user.morse /shared/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/delete 0
setmetadata: Permission denied
localhost> setmd user.morse /private/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/delete 0
setmetadata: Permission denied

As I understand it, the documentation on cyr_expire states that this specific annotation *must* be set for messages to be deleted from the filesystem. Yet I cannot seem to set it, nor to I see it set on for example my user.morse.Trash folder, the one place where expunging is working as expected when cyr_expire runs.

So, I'm really at a loss here after many hours of investigation. Please help folks.