Strategies for archiving deleted users

Hi all,

We have a fairly constant turnover in employees, so I find often that I need to bundle up an employee's email into an archive format and delete their mailboxes from the server. Needing to access the email is rare, it would be likely only for certain users in HR or legal if we had a need to dig into their messages, so ease of access afterwards is not a priority.

In the past I tended to just tar up their mailbox path and subfolders before running `deletemailbox`, but I don't think this will be so easy with Cyrus 3.6 UUID mailbox folders (mbpath is going to feature in my future), so before I whip up a script, I thought I'd check in on the hivemind and ask:

How do you manage cleaning up deleted users?

*
* Deborah Pickett
System Administrator
Polyfoam Australia Pty Ltd