Re: /usr/sbin/ptdump ?

Hi,

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024, at 7:58 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> The file it complains about is " /usr/sbin/ptdump ", as I have never used this
> and there is no man-page for this, I would like to know what this does and if
> it is really needed for an installation?

You should probably just configure Cyrus with a package specific prefix, like "/usr/cyrus" or something, not just "/usr".  You can do this with the --prefix option to configure.  There are plenty of things in Cyrus with names that I expect could conflict with other packages (though "ptdump" clashing is a surprise).  It just doesn't really expect to be installed into the same pile as general purpose system tools.

As for ptdump itself: it looks like it's a utility for inspecting the contents of the PTS cache database.  You will have a PTS cache database if you use PTS for authorization.  Search the imapd.conf(5) man page for "pts" (case insensitive) to see the various options related to it.

Cheers,

ellie