Re: Basic question: How to debug sieve scripts (e.g. via log file)?

Hi,

However, I didn't find out how to make Cyrus imapd output something sieve-related into the log files at all. I also didn't find a standalone test program for sieve scripts in the Cyrus packages.

The sieve scripts are run by lmtpd, not imapd. I've only ever seen one type of debug message in my logs from a sieve script tho':

-----
cyrus/lmtp[3369]: WARNING: sieve script /var/spool/... doesn't exist: No such file or directory
-----

The manpage for lmtpd didn't tell me about any debugging flags so I'm not sure how you'd got about raising the debug level, but perhaps looking at lmtpd rather than imapd is a useful steer?

Best wishes,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx