Partial restore of seen state

Hi,

I'm running Debian's Cyrus 3.0.8-6+deb10u6.

I have a mailbox where the seen state seems to have been corrupt or lost. The MUA shows all messages before 2021/12/09 as read. The seen state seems to be correct for messages after that date.

I have full backups of the machine, including all the Cyrus spool data from periods before the seen state became corrupt and the version of Cyrus has been 3.0.8 throughout.

How would I go about extracting the relevant portion of the seen state from a backup and merging it into the live mailbox?

Sorry if this is covered in the documentation: it seemed to be a specific query that might involve knowing about a number of things so I wanted to post here to get a list of reading and pointers so that I stand the best chance of success.

I have a major Debian upgrade pending and wanted to get this done before the Cyrus version changed in case it becomes harder to merge this state across versions.

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

Best wishes,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx