Re: Cyrus imap support dates.

27.06.23 21:34, ellie timoney пише:

Does this mean, going straight from 2.5.17 to 3.8 will not work even in theory? Thank you!

It hasn't been tested, or at least, anyone who has tested it hasn't reported back alive...

That's a fair warnings about the dark realities of practice, but I was asking about theory: is it supposed to work, or have there been deliberate steps taken -- such as removal of compatibility code -- that'd prevent such an upgrade from working even in theory?

I can't stop you trying, but: a) I would not expect it to work cleanly, and b) even if it does appear to have worked, how will you know that there's not something you haven't noticed yet waiting to bite you later?  And will you be able to clean up the mess when it happens?

Ouch. Are you deliberately trying to increase the level of FUD?! :-)

You mentioned your own role as a release engineer. Maybe, you can ask someone else from the team to comment?

I'd be willing to try it, if it is supposed to work in theory -- and report back too! But if it's been knowingly disabled, then I will not bother...

Thank you! Yours,

-mi