Re: Cyrus imap support dates.

On Wed, 28 Jun 2023, at 10:57 AM, Mikhail T. wrote:
Does this mean, going straight from 2.5.17 to 3.8 will not work even in theory? Thank you!

It hasn't been tested, or at least, anyone who has tested it hasn't reported back alive...

I can't stop you trying, but: a) I would not expect it to work cleanly, and b) even if it does appear to have worked, how will you know that there's not something you haven't noticed yet waiting to bite you later?  And will you be able to clean up the mess when it happens?

Consider that, whatever your current familiarity is with 2.5, you won't have the same level of familiarity with a newer version right away.  Situations you might have known how to manually repair in 2.5 will likely be different in a newer version, because the software has changed, the complexity has increased, etc.  Smaller steps -> less tripping hazard. :)