Need help - marking message read

I moved my Cyrus installation from CentOS to Ubuntu, using the Ubuntu 3.4.3 packages.  I was migrating from older 2.3 version.

Is working mostly correctly, except I'm seeing lots of issues with read indicators not updating.  On a Thunderbird client, I've seen the unread status return after I mark the message read,, then refresh the mail.  Or vice versa.  It seems that it doesn't settle until I restart Thunderbird.

I've seen that if I have multiple clients up (Android Samsung mail, Roundcube webmail, and Thunderbird 102) that changing the read status on one isn't properly reflecting onto the other clients.

I'm not sure how to debug this.  How does imapd store the read status?  Is there a log mechanism to turn on to see any issues for this?  As I asked (no answer) in a different question, I had some messages while running the reconstruct during migration, but I don't know if that's part of the problem.

https://cyrus.topicbox.com/groups/info/Tcfa43c3bab1e3e9a-M5e57e5daa07735882d5e526f/reconstruct-failed-to-repack

Hope someone can give me a few clues how to troubleshoot.
-Alan