caldav and inviting other people to events

Hello,

I'm trying to start usung cyrus as caldav server (version 3.0.8), and I ran into this issue. I create an event in the calendar just fine. Then I add some colleagues as attendees, and see this in log:

"POST /dav/calendars/user/vladki/Outbox/ HTTP/1.1" (origin=https://--censored--:8443) => "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"

access rights on outbox are:

user.vladki.#calendars.Outbox:
  anyone 9
  vladki lrswipkxtecdan789

At first attemts I saw an unusuall event in Exim (SMTP) log:

2023-01-02 16:01:08 1pCMJI-0003dB-9T <= vladki@internal U=cyrus P=local
2023-01-02 16:01:08 1pCMJI-0003dB-9T *> buddy <buddy@xxxxxxxxxx> 2023-01-02 16:01:08 1pCMJI-0003dB-9T Completed

*> means "delivery suppressed by -N", so probably just some sort of test if the address exists.

Then I added "defaultdomain: example.cz" to /etc/imapd.conf, and now the email is not sent at all.

Is anyone using invitations with cyrus caldav?
What was necessary to set up?

--
Best regards
        Vladislav Kurz