Re: [Marketing Mail] [Caution: Message contains Redirect URL content] Re: Migration from 2.5 to 3.4

> On 15/09/2021 10:40 pm, Jim Wallis wrote:
>> Can you use the procedure described in section 6 on page
>> https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/upgrade.html#backup-and-copy-existing-data
>> of the upgrade guide?
>>
>> It is for the mail databases but assume it will work on cyrus-sasl
>> databases too?
>>
>> You need to run the database conversion (cvt_cyrusdb) on a copy of the
>> database on the old server before you copy it to the new server,
>> because the new one doesn't know how to deal with berkeley database
>> files to do the conversion. There is a man page for cvt_cyrusdb on the
>> website, and it should be installed on the server.
>

> On the old server, running as root :
>
>   /usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb /usr/pkg/etc/sasldb.bdb berkeley
> /usr/pkg/etc/newsasl.skiplist skiplist
> Converting from /usr/pkg/etc/sasldb.bdb (berkeley) to
> /usr/pkg/etc/newsasl.skiplist (skiplist)
> fatal error: can't open old database
>
> I'll fix you ..

Hi,

I've never used sasldb so I could be wrong but, I'm not sure converting
sasldb is the right thing to do here.

>From what I understand sasldb is used trough SASL but noch directly by
Cyrus-IMAPd. Since sasldb is also used by postfix and others, and they
don't know about skiplist, how should it make sense to convert sasldb to
skiplist?

Maybe some of the experts here can help to find the correct solution.

Regards,
Simon