Re: Migration from 2.5 to 3.4

I'm in the early stages of doing something similar, moving an old 2.4.x to 3.4, across operating systems too - from an old NetBSD server to a new FreeBSD 13 server. Lots of little, annoying changes.  Also, sendmail to postfix!  Easy!  Erm ...

Anyway ...

I've copied over my old sasldb password database but it doesn't seem to like it much. I can't log in using it.  My old server was set up with unix domain sep, maybe that's a problem? I'm kinda guessing ...

Oddly, when I create a raw, new sasldb, it works, sorta - oddly enough, but reports that it's a berkeley DB, I thought this wasn't supported anymore?

 # ls -la sasldb*
-rw-r-----  1 carl   wheel  28672 Sep 10 17:06 sasldb.db
-rw-r-----  1 cyrus  mail   28672 Sep 15 21:41 sasldb2.berkeleydb
-rw-------  1 cyrus  mail   16384 Sep 15 21:53 sasldb2.db
-rw-r-----  1 cyrus  mail   16384 Sep  9 18:44 sasldb2.db.fcs

# file sasldb*
sasldb.db:          Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
sasldb2.berkeleydb: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
sasldb2.db:         Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
sasldb2.db.fcs:     Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-orde

By "sorta" I can log in, but cannot create any mailboxes.  Cyrus has write permission in /var/imap and /var/spool/imap (the right directories according to the FreeBSD's locations in cyrus.conf/imapd.conf)

Is there some magic I can use to check the format of the copied over sasldb database and mash it into shape so new saslauthd will read it? Or at least check it and report meaningful errors?  I can create new users if I have to, and get them all to reset their passwords, but I'd prefer not to unless there's no alternate.

Thanks!

Carl