Re: Cyrus - Rspamd - Sieve

El 1/2/21 a les 10:48, Ian Batten via Info ha escrit:
Is it worth doing at all?

I run rspamd outside Cyrus: it’s a Postfix milter, Cyrus gets an lmtp feed but has no interaction with rspamd.

Well, it depends. I'm still using spamassassin (I'd like to try rspamd but I didn't yet) and bayesian filtering is just a small part of the scoring, so maybe it doesn't make much difference. At home I have a simpler setup, I use dspam (sadly it's discontinued) and it's really effective, but it needs training.

I’m also nervous about using the user’s spam folders because those are often the result of client-side Bayesian filtering, which is somewhat error-prone, so the chances of ham (or at least bacn) ending up in there is non-zero.  Users are also very bad at classifying spam so using their main inbox as a source of ham is unwise.

That could be a problem with spamassassin (the training is server level, but then the remaining rules have more weight than the bayesian filtering) but not with dspam (each user has its own dataset).

Rspamd is _/very/_ good, and increasingly I just leave it to do its thing.  With rspamd and clamav’s phishing patterns I doubt I see a piece of phishing email getting through to me more than once a month, and my users report similarly.  I have a lot of bacn which is correctly marks as spam-ish, and I similarly see very little outright spam.

Before wading in an doing a complex learn/mode thing, just run rspamd unsupervised for a month and see how it does on its own.  I think you’ll be very pleased.

I'll have to try it one of this days.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007