Re: Sieve stopped working after updating cyrus-imapd to 3.0.5

Hi Sebastian,

in my second post you can see my cyrus.conf:
https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2018-February/039985.html

No "-C" flags in use though.

Regards,
Ralf

Am 02.03.2018 um 09:21 schrieb Sebastian Hagedorn:
Hi Ralf,

thanks a lot for your feedback, seems like we're coming closer. Although
I'm not sure what port 24 is supposed to be in your swaks command I just
sent myself an e-mail while strace was attached to cyrusmaster.

The log revealed the following:
readlink("/var/imap/sieve/u/user^domain^de/defaultbc", 0x7fff7fa31d00,
4096) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Then I recognized that the users in /var/imap/sieve/ are actually
separated by a dot ('.') instead of a caret ('^') as opposed to
/var/spool/imap/ where the users are separated by a caret. After manually
renaming the sieve directory of my user to the caret notation the
filtering was finally working.

However Roundcube then tells me that no filters are available. Once I
used Roundcube (or sieveshell) my sieve user directory is existing twice,
once empty in dot notation and once with the filters in caret notation.

My conclusion:
1. lmtpd (?) is using the caret notation when looking up sieve scripts.
2. timsieved (?) is using the dot notation when creating sieve scripts.

Which configuration parameters affect this behaviour?

the only explanation I can come up with is that you have more than one imapd.conf and that the two daemons use different ones. Do any of the entries in your cyrus.conf use the "-C" flag? I'm not an expert on that, but I seem to remember that the caret notation is part of virtual domain support. I have no experience with that because we don't need it.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121, Zimmer 2.02
Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)