Impact of changing back "altnamespace"

Title: myEMAILsignature

Hello,

A week or so back I posted here about issues I was having with cyrus-imapd 2.3 after changing the "altnamespace" variable in imapd.conf to "yes" in order to set up shared mailboxes. It threw a monkey wrench into my server and caused a lot of problems for a couple of days Things have settled down but still some residual problems for users in their email clients, e.g. Inbox contents disappears or does not show recent mail. Also deleting hangs for a long time.

I'm considering changing "altnamespace" back to "no" hoping it will clear up those issues.

Any thoughts as to what I can expect if I do this? All input is appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Thomas Plancon
CAD/IT MANAGER