Re: Sieve vacation script?

Hi,

I've been struggling with figuring out how to set up a sieve vacation
reply script.  The documentation on this is pretty sparse, and the stuff
I do find doesn't work.  For example,

[cyrus@www ~]$ sieveshell --user=research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--authname=cyrus localhost
connecting to localhost
unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 191.
[cyrus@www ~]$ sieveshell --user=research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--authname=cyrus episcopalarchives.org
connecting to episcopalarchives.org
unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 191.

first of all you have to add lines to /etc/cyrus.conf to make the server listen to the right ports:

At least in our /etc/services file, "sieve" is still port 2000 even though that's been superseded by RFC 5804. We listen on both ports:

sieve cmd="timsieved" listen="cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de:sieve" prefork=0 managesieve cmd="timsieved" listen="cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de:4190" prefork=0

I'm also not sure what the point is of sieveshell is if I'm running it on
the mail server and not remotely; similarly for timsieved.

You can run sieveshell on any computer you like. Just make sure the port mentioned above are reachable.

First question:  is there step by step explanation for manually creating
and invoking a cyrus sieve script for a particular user?

Not really. I prefer to use a GUI. We offer Smartsieve to our clients:

<http://freecode.com/projects/smartsieve>

There's also an Add-On for Thunderbird:

<https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/sieve/>
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121, Zimmer 2.02
Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)

----
To Unsubscribe: