Re: Announcing cyrus-user-map, a local recipient map generator for Postfix

Hi,

Le 10.03.2009 02:56, Reinaldo de Carvalho a écrit :
So I wrote a little tool that generates and update this map
automatically, with the help of cron. You can download the script and
documentation from my website
http://www.pragmatic-source.com/en/opensource/source-code/cyrus-user-map-generate-cyrus-user-map-postfix
or from GitHub: http://github.com/Farzy/cyrus-user-map

Its not necessary use ruby (or another language) merely to call shell
commands, do it on pure (ba|c|k)sh.

You're right! But I chose a somewhat cleaner and higher level language to have a more readable script. You may rewrite it in *sh if you're interested and I'll include it in my package or add a link to it.

It's also a proactive choice for the reason that Ruby is gaining in popularity, is available on many server platforms (even Sun promotes Ruby) and I'm pushing the use of Ruby for agile sysadmin tasks :) This is off-topic but interested *french speaking* people can view my lightning talk in this subjet: http://tinyurl.com/avuebz

 Best regards,
--
Farzad FARID / Architecte Open Source - Associé
Pragmatic Source / http://www.pragmatic-source.com