Re: virtual domain mailbox cross contamination

Adam D wrote:
> Jarod Watkins wrote:
>
>> Adam D wrote:
>>

>>> I am getting cross contamination with mail delivery in cyrus with
>>> virtual domains.
>>>
>>> Mail sent to user@xxxxxxxxxxx is sent to user@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> The 'user' being the same name but different domain names.
>>> I am looking to have the same user name but different domains.  Right
>>> now all mail going to user@xxxxxxxxxxx I am finding in the INBOX to
>>> user@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> I am just about done setting the server up with virtual domains.
>>> Here is part of my config file:
>>>
>>> #  Extras
>>> allowusermoves: 1
>>> defaultacl: anyone lrs
>>>
>>> servername:  domain1.tld
>>> quotawarn: 90
>>> sharedprefix: shared
>>> userprefix: users
>>>
>>> # Virtual Domains
>>> defaultdomain: domain1.tld
>>> virtdomains: userid
>>> loginrealms: domain2.tld domain3.tld domain4.tld
>>>

>>> I have created user mailboxes with cryadm : cm user/user1@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> Any extra pair of eyes would be very helpful at this point.
>>>
>>> -Adam
>>>

>>> ----
>>> Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
>>> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki
>>>

>> Adam,
>> Comment out the loginrealms option, I had that enabled while I was using
>> virtual domains too and it caused me to have authentication errors. So
>> try running Cyrus with just the virtdomains option set.
>>

> Sadly, that did not work.
>
> Cyrus default is domain1.tld
> with users:
>
> i.e. postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> all going to INBOX of postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx but not to INBOXes in their
> own domains.
>
> However there are not any multiple redirect addresses in the virtual
> alias maps file.
>
> -Adam
>
> ----

Adam,
So are you using Postfix or some other SMTP server to test delivery? If
so, try using lmtptest to deliver your test messages to Cyrus, and see
if it really is Cyrus doing the delivery wrong, or if you have something
mis-configured with your MTA.

Jarod

----