Re: virtual domain mailbox cross contamination

Jarod Watkins wrote:
> Adam D wrote:
>
>> I am getting cross contamination with mail delivery in cyrus with
>> virtual domains.
>>
>> Mail sent to user@xxxxxxxxxxx is sent to user@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> The 'user' being the same name but different domain names.
>> I am looking to have the same user name but different domains.  Right
>> now all mail going to user@xxxxxxxxxxx I am finding in the INBOX to
>> user@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> I am just about done setting the server up with virtual domains.
>> Here is part of my config file:
>>
>> #  Extras
>> allowusermoves: 1
>> defaultacl: anyone lrs
>>
>> servername:  domain1.tld
>> quotawarn: 90
>> sharedprefix: shared
>> userprefix: users
>>
>> # Virtual Domains
>> defaultdomain: domain1.tld
>> virtdomains: userid
>> loginrealms: domain2.tld domain3.tld domain4.tld
>>

>> I have created user mailboxes with cryadm : cm user/user1@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Any extra pair of eyes would be very helpful at this point.
>>
>> -Adam
>>

>> ----
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
>> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki
>>

> Adam,
> Comment out the loginrealms option, I had that enabled while I was using
> virtual domains too and it caused me to have authentication errors. So
> try running Cyrus with just the virtdomains option set.

Sadly, that did not work.

Cyrus default is domain1.tld
with users:

i.e. postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx

all going to INBOX of postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx but not to INBOXes in their
own domains.

However there are not any multiple redirect addresses in the virtual
alias maps file.

-Adam

----