duplicate suppression / message expiration

Environment:
OS: Fedora Core 5
Sendmail: 8.13.8
Cyrus Imapd: 2.3.1
MimeDefang
spamass-milter
clamav-milter

During a transition to the Cyrus Imapd server I noticed from time to time that some of my messages would disappear after copying them from my old IMAP server. I was doing a manual copy using Thunderbird with multiple IMAP accounts (simple enough).

I tracked it down (or I think I did) to the duplicate suppression feature. I disabled this in my /etc/imapd.conf file, restarted the imap server, copied the mail from the old server again. The next day the mail was gone again.

Upon further research I found that even though I had duplicatesuppression: 0 set in my /etc/imapd.conf file, messages still appeared to be marked as duplicates and purged.

In my /etc/cyrus.conf file I found:
delprune     cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
and commented it out. At this point my "duplicate" marked messages were no longer being deleted. Great! Probably not the right solution, but Great none the less.

Now, one of the features that I really liked (and reasons I chose Cyrus over other imap servers) was the folder message expiration feature. Great feature, however, I think I have this disabled, because even though I have an expire set on a folder:

localhost.localdomain> info user.juser.SPAM.Quarantine@xxxxxxxxxxxx
{user.juser.SPAM.Quarantine@xxxxxxxxxxxx}:
  expire: 30
  lastpop:
  lastupdate: 14-Nov-2006 22:36:11 -0500
  partition: default
  size: 35425808

Messages never "expire" out of this folder.

Am I correct in assuming this is because I have the "delprune" event commented out in my /etc/cyrus.conf file, and if this is correct, how do I go about ensuring that messages are removed that shouldn't be (ie - the messages that cyrus thinks are duplicates).

Sorry if this is glaringly obvious, but I couldn't seem to find the answer.

-Tyler

PS- Great work on the IMAP server so far I'm truly impressed with it over the others I've used (UW, Dovecot, etc...)
----