Re: LMTP Timeout

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:50:04 +0100 (CET) Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > I have Exim using LMTP to deliver into Cyrus version 2.2.8 on a single
> > server.
> > The setup has been working without problem for several years.
> >
> > I have discovered several users where Exim gets an LMTP timeout when
> > trying to
> > deliver to them. If any of the users try to login an IMAP session it
> > hangs.
> >
> > If I use cyradm I can
> >
> > info user.<username>
> > lam user.<username>
> > cm user.<username>.folder
> > sam user.<username>.folder cyrus c
> >
> > But if I try any of
> >
> > sam user.<username> cyrus c
> > dm user.<username>.folder
> > dm user.<username>
> >
> > it hangs and I have to delete the IMAP session. I have tried closing cyrus
> > down
> > and re-starting it and that does not help.
> >
> > There is nothing in the IMAPD.log
> >
> > The Exim logs show the LMTP timeout problems started on 13 October but
> > went
> > unnotices for quite some time. I have been working on this for several
> > days and
> > have drawn a blank. I have several users who cannot work and I can't even
> > delete them to start afresh!
>
> 1) Check your available diskspace, and make sure that the disks never run
> full.
>
> 2) Try to reconstruct the mailbox in question, something like
> su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -r user.<username>"

Thanks for responding.

There is no problem with filespace. I have tried "reconstruct" and that hangs
too. I have also found that "quota" hangs as well.  While they are hung they
are not using CPU.

I am planning to patch reconstruct to put some diagnostics in to see if I can
find where the hang occurs.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Phil.