Re: Mupdate vs lmtp...

On 06 Oct 2006, at 07:16, Brasseur Valéry wrote:
Why does the lmtpproxyd directly connect to the master when other process connect to slave ?

You want to know why? I think the idea may have been to be extra sure that the location of the mailbox was correct before bouncing a message. I don't think it's an important design goal at this point tho. Are you having an issue, or are you just academically interested? In some environment, the LMTP murder architecture causes problems. There are a number of ways to fix it:

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/ CyrusMurderMailDelivery

:wes----