Re: Cyrus Patches used at FastMail.FM

--On May 23, 2006 10:34:20 PM +1000 Robert Mueller <robm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Statuscache also piqued my interest....Does it give any win for POP3
clients?  We've a *HUGE* number of Outlook users that have the terribly
wrong idea that they just MUST poll every minute.  That along with the
seen state stuff would be a good thing for us.

No, it's only for IMAP clients and speeds up the STATUS IMAP command, it
does nothing for POP3.

I'm surprised you're having issues with lots of POP polling, generally
POP is a lot less resource intensive than IMAP I always believed...

Well being as the POP3d runs the mailbox list every time a client connects. :) It certainly would also help because a lot of our accesses are via webmail as well.

Rob

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler
----