Re: does xfer require murder?

On Apr 19, 2006, at 12:54 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:

Andrew Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Ken Murchison wrote:
Perry Brown wrote:

Here is what my imapd.conf looks like:

defaultpartition: imap1
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-imap1: /var/spool/imap1
admins: cyrus support
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
quotawarn: 85
popminpoll: 0
autocreatequota: 30000
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
allowusermoves:yes
proxy_authname: cyrus
proxy_password: password
proxyservers: cyrus

Just tested XFER on 2.2.13 and it works fine. Your problem is that you've specified the password for a machine named 'proxy'. Presumably, you want:

server1_password: password
server2_password: password

on the respective machines
I have a test murder environment running with v2.2.12. I've been using proxy_authname and proxy_password on my frontend server just fine. The man page says that those parameters set the defaults for connecting to a backend, but they an be overridden with hostname specific versions.

Hmm. You're right. Then I'd try using imtest to connect to the backends using the proxy_authname and proxy_password to see what its complains about.

Also try testing it with out the 'srvtab' line and with
force_sasl_client_mech: PLAIN

The machine might be trying to do some kerberos stuff and I'm thinking you just want to use PLAIN

-Patrick
----