Re: Usage of services without IPv6 Support

Actually the renumbering problem for IPv6 in home networks is a lot worse than for IPv4 home networks (that never renumber).
That's what you get for exposing the home network to global addressing.

I guess it depends on your ISP. When I switched from cable which provides IPv6 to the local telco fiber which doesn't (I'm talking to them about it), I got a HE tunnel for global addresses but my ULAs didn't change.

FWIW, they say my IPv4 address is nominally dynamic but they don't ever expect to change it.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY