Re: Usage of services without IPv6 Support

Hello Ben
You actually have a very point.

However I don't think it applies the very same way as IPv6. NFSv4 for example is not an relevant protocol for Internet, is not something that is exposed publicly, the same as OSPF. If IETF uses them it's on internal infrastructure and no exposed to external knowledge so it is harder to use the same argument when I say show the example. With regards the others mentioned, perhaps, need to see if it applies on a case or not, for example QUIC.

IPv6 instead applies to ALL cases, any situation that involves internet, has been around for 20 years and the continuous and healthy growth of the Internet depends on it, including to mitigate growing issues and conflicts related to IPv4 exhaustion. It is not something 'nice to have if possible anymore' that can continue being disregarded.

Kind Regards
Fernando