Re: Usage of services without IPv6 Support

Hi Fernando,

There is a point that's been grating on me for the entire thread but I had
trouble finding a good way to express it:

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:19:46PM -0300, Fernando Frediani wrote:
> Hello
> I am not sure if you followed the whole discussion of if you have seen
> only this message, but this has been already clarified that it's not
> about Github specifically and that document. As mentioned there are
> other cases, and other tools that do not go under the same process.
>
> It's instead about IETF keep using any tools that have not done their
> part in implementing IPv6 on it yet. It's about showing the example, not
> just get the work done regardless. I know some people are more pragmatic
> and just want to get work out of their way, but I personally believe
> sticking to values in this situation is indeed important. What good is
> it if IETF standardizes things if some people don't bother if they will
> be adopted and followed or not ?

Couldn't I make this same argument about *any* IETF standard?  Do we need
to reject services that don't implement TLS 1.3 or NFSv4 or QUIC or OSPF
(v2 or v3?) or ...?

Bjoern made (upthread) a much more compelling argument about why IPv6
specifically is so important, and I think you're doing yourself a
disservice by using only the "it's an IETF standard" argument.

Sorry for the digression,

Ben