Re: Usage of services without IPv6 Support

On 4/22/20 9:43 AM, Salz, Rich wrote:

    No but it's entirely possible that there are, or soon will be, IETF
     participants who cannot access github because of the lack of IPv6
     support.

And presumably, the owner of GitHub will fix things so that their userbase isn't needlessly limited by this.
If that happened (and who knows, maybe it will), that would address this specific problem.
I mean really, IPv6 is the hill the IETF wants to die on?  As Ben said, we not TLS 1.3 with early data for faster response?  Why not DNSSEC for more security?

Nobody's proposing to die on any hill.   IETF doesn't need github, after all, it can work just fine without it or with different tools.    As for TLS, we probably should make sure that nothing we're still using is still using TLS 1.0 or 1.1.

Keith