Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

On Apr 17, 2020, at 18:23, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As for well-defined criteria for deciding when it's safe to meet again, I suggest (as a strawman proposal):

It doesn’t matter what you propose. No one at IETF should make up the rules on when it safe to meet again. We are not health care or pandemic experts.

When a vast majority of (inter)national health organizations say it is safe to meet in the target country and safe to travel for the vast majority of the participants to/from that country, then we can meet again.

 Just as we don’t want doctors to tell us when to use UDP or TCP, we shouldn’t be coming up with our own straw man proposals on pandemics and death rates.

Paul