Re: COVID-19 contacts tracker (Re: a brief pondering)

On 2020-04-15, at 18:07, Benoit Claise <bclaise=40cisco.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In my wish list, I would see this community helping with a COVID-19 contacts tracker:

(1) We are not fast enough.  (Some of us are, but as an organization we aren’t.)

(2) Most of the real work needs to be on the legal side.  Few of the privacy problems can be solved with technical solutions alone; in the end we’ll need good assurances that donated data are actually going to be deleted and that abusers will be seriously punished.  But yes, where tech can help, many of us can indeed help.

So maybe the job of the IETF could simply be to bring the right people together and provide a neutral forum for discussion.

Grüße, Carsten