Re: Out for discussion: draft-leiba-ietf-iana-registrations

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 15:19 John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

--On Sunday, April 12, 2020 16:07 -0400 Barry Leiba
<barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, John, and thanks for the thoughtful note.  You're
> certainly right that things such as NomCom eligibility are far
> more important than stuff such as this.
>
> Just on one small point, for now:
>
>> I noticed today that this one is already in "AD is
>> watching" state, with a sponsoring AD assigned, in the
>> datatracker.  Not a serious problem, IMO, but something that
>> further confuses the question of whether this is your
>> individual effort or one you are moving forward on behalf of
>> some or all of the IESG.
>
> Just put that down to a new and eager co-AD, and read nothing
> further into it.  :-)

Barry,
   More than happy to do that.  I noticed it only because of the
earlier subthread about whether this was your individual
document or an IESG proposal.

Murray,
  Few of us managed to get through our first month as ADs
without some small gaffe that turns out to be educational.
Congratulations on yours being this minor.

For the new ADs, the classic boner in recent years has been accidentally sending a draft out for IETF Last Call for a second time because *I* was thinking of another draft from the same working group that I had just finished AD Evaluation for.

No need to repeat my mistakes, when you can make new and exciting mistakes of your own!

Best,

Spencer

best,
  john