Re: Eliot Lear to Serve as RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair

On 3/31/2020 4:55 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
- Please bear in mind that there were shifting logistics
as the IAB was processing the feedback. At one point we
were mostly focused on ensuring a session could happen in
Vancouver with a non-IAB person as chair at the front of
the room.

Sorry - I'm confused about the timeline.  The announcement appointing Eliot happened 25 March.  The IETF was cancelled  10 March.  I.e.. the IAB knew there was no need for a chair for the in-person meeting 2 weeks prior to when you might need one.  Which further suggests (based on your statement above) the had settled on Eliot and not John or Nevil before 10 March.    And Nominations closed on 24 February for the second time - so that decision was made between 24 Feb and 10 March.   So the IAB had determined not to seek another chair at some time before 10 March but hadn't gotten around to making the announcement?  And in the period between cancellation and the 25th the IAB didn't reconsider the immediate need for a chair?

Which Executive session minutes would show the selection of Eliot (if of course we could see them)?

Later, Mike