Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-14.txt> (Extended DNS Errors) to Proposed Standard

Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > I also do not add the "reserved" section since the IANA ranges were
> > discussed extensively and the current number ranges are the result of a
> > consensus I didn't want to have one person change without a lot of
> > backup agreement.
>
> This is the only serious problem I see. The assignment policy/status
> will have to be specified for every value. I agree that I should not
> be specifying the status of the range that was omitted and for which I
> suggested "reserved". Given this gaping hole in the IANA
> Considerations, I imagine that the IESG will impose a policy for that
> range or, alternatively, the IESG and/or IANA will bounce the draft
> back to the WG get this filled in.

We might be mis-communicating...  I did add your "unassigned" tag, just
not the "reserved" one beyond that.  IE, the text now looks like:

   INFO-CODE:  25-65535
   Purpose:  Unasigned
   Reference:  Section 5.2

--