Re: New Version Notification for draft-resnick-variance-00.txt

Sure, but we could do a one-time variance as a BCP inside 6 weeks if people are sensible. (A few days to draft it, 4 week last call, a few days to finalise the text, run the IESG ballot, and one-day turnaround at the RFC Editor.) We are supposed to be a can-do organisation.

Yeah, it seems like we already have a very straightforward and well-established procedure for doing this, i.e. publishing a BCP, and people keep proposing alternatives that take more time and effort and/or have a greater chance of being called into question.

Let's just do this.

Keith