Re: Jabber at IETF107 and a thank you

On 2020-03-27, at 18:36, Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Every presenter:  Remember to number your slides!  (I did not, oops).
>> We had participants that were not receiving the slides on WebEx and
>> someone in Jabber was telling them which slide was showing so they could
>> view the slides locally.
>
> When uploading slides for a WG meeting as chair or secretary, I try to
> add slides numbers if they are not there. Easy if it's a powerpoint
> presentation. If it's PDF, I ask the authors to add slides numbers and
> send it to me again.

In real life, I just pester the authors (i.e., students who give a talk without slide numbers get a tell-off).

In WG meetings, we tend to use consolidated decks that are numbered all the way through.

BTW, for PDF numbering:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1603301/how-to-add-page-numbers-to-postscript-pdf
Yeah, not pretty.

Grüße, Carsten