Re: Jabber at IETF107 and a thank you

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:21 AM Robert Moskowitz
<rgm-ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Hallway Jabber was kind of nice.  Lots of people in the Hallway but
> little jabbering.  It did give a sense of connection and was a bit fun.
> It is an interesting question how to make something like this work for
> remote participants in the future.

Perhaps there should also be Area specific hallways if the overall
hallway gets too noisy...

> Every presenter:  Remember to number your slides!  (I did not, oops).
> We had participants that were not receiving the slides on WebEx and
> someone in Jabber was telling them which slide was showing so they could
> view the slides locally.

When uploading slides for a WG meeting as chair or secretary, I try to
add slides numbers if they are not there. Easy if it's a powerpoint
presentation. If it's PDF, I ask the authors to add slides numbers and
send it to me again.

Thanks,
Donald
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx